This section of our website is focused on our Curriculum and provides an overview of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework and the Curriculum offer for children in Years 1 to 6. There are also sections on Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) Development and how we promote British Values.
In line with statutory requirements, the new Curriculum was launched in September 2014, coinciding with the introduction of the new National Curriculum in England.
At Sedgefield Hardwick, we are a Read Write Inc. badge school. This means that we teach every child to read using a systematic and structured approach. Lessons focus on teaching children to decode the sounds they meet in the English language, blend these to form words and then apply these skills to read a variety of interesting books to encourage fluency and comprehension. Children are also taught to apply these sounds in their spellings and write a wide variety of texts based on the stories and non-fiction books they have read. Lessons are taught in small groups, where all the children are at the same reading stage. This ensures that they are able to access texts that meet their individual needs, allowing them to develop as confident and fluent readers. Assessment is rigorous and effective, allowing us to provide one-to-one tutoring and ensure that no child is left behind. Therefore, your child is thoroughly supported on their learning journey and can share their learning with you at home.
If you would like more detail about your child’s curriculum, please see the long term plans for each subject below. If you would like to see the specific curriculum information for your child’s class please visit our individual year group section here.
- Nursery Long-term Planning Overview
- Nursery Medium-term Planning
- EYFS Continuous Provision: The Modelling Area
- EYFS Continuous Provision: The Painting Area
- EYFS Continuous Provision: The Malleable Area
- EYFS Continuous Provision: The Small Construction Area
- Year 1 Reading Year 1 Writing Year 1 Maths
- Year 2 Reading Year 2 Writing Year 2 Maths
- Year 3 Reading Year 3 Writing Year 3 Maths
- Year 4 Reading Year 4 Writing Year 4 Maths
- Year 5 Reading Year 5 Writing Year 5 Maths
- Year 6 Reading Year 6 Writing Year 6 Maths
- Key Stage 1 & 2 Art Long Term Plan
- Key Stage 1 & 2 Computing Long Term Plan
- Key Stage 1 & 2 Design and Technology Long Term Plan
- Key Stage 1 & 2 Geography Long Term Plan
- Key Stage 1 & 2 History Long Term Plan
- Key Stage 2 Modern Foreign Languages Long Term Plan
- Key Stage 1 & 2 Music Long Term Plan
- Key Stage 1 & 2 Physical Education Long Term Plan
- Key Stage 1 & 2 Religious Education Long Term Plan
- Key Stage 1 & 2 Science Long Term Plan
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
All pupils follow the National Curriculum at a level and a pace that is appropriate to their abilities. Our SEND philosophy places SEND children at the heart of personalised learning and our curriculum is tailored to meet individual pupils needs.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.
If you would like to find out more about our curriculum, please contact the school to arrange an appointment.